A Transplant Journey

RECYCLED PARTS: one family's journey with heart transplantation

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Echo Stress Test

Today, my dad went to Toronto General Hospital for an Echo Stress test.  He's told me that heart transplant patients who are very stable have the Echo Stress test done instead of biopsies.  My dad is considered stable because he's had very little rejection for many years [He's had the donor heart for fourteen years].  A Stress Echo is made up of three parts: A resting Echo study, Stress test, and a repeat Echo while the heart is still beating fast. It is definitely far less invasive & more pleasant than a routine biopsy.


My parents at my brother's one year heart transplant anniversary celebration

1 comment:

John McBride said...

I didn't last very long on the tread mill this time! That's because I'm very out of shape. I'll have to do better next time! It's certainly much easier than having a biopsy.